1903.01 Payment of USPTO Fees
The fees required by the USPTO for processing correspondence relating to international applications and registrations under the Madrid Protocol are set forth in 37 C.F.R. §7.6. The USPTO charges a fee for processing the following Madrid-related documents:
- International applications under 37 C.F.R. §7.11;
- Subsequent designations under 37 C.F.R. §7.21;
- Requests to record assignments, restrictions, or release of restrictions of an international registration under 37 C.F.R. §§7.23 and 7.24;
- Notices of replacement under 37 C.F.R. §7.28; and
- Affidavits under §71 of the Act ( see 37 C.F.R. §7.36).
These fees must be paid in United States dollars at the time of submission, regardless of whether the document is submitted electronically or on paper.