37 CFR 42.4: Notice of trial
Taken from the Ninth Edition of the MPEP, Revision 08.2017, Last Revised in January 2018
42.4 Notice of trial.
- (a) Institution of trial. The Board institutes the trial on behalf of the Director.
- (b) Notice of a trial will be sent to every party to the proceeding. The entry of the notice institutes the trial.
- (c) The Board may authorize additional modes of notice, including:
- (1) Sending notice to another address associated with the party, or
- (2) Publishing the notice in the Official Gazette of the United States Patent and Trademark Office or the Federal Register.
[Added, 77 FR 48612, Aug. 14, 2012, effective Sept. 16, 2012]