41.108 Lead counsel.
- (a) A party may be represented by counsel. The Board may require a party to appoint a lead counsel. If counsel is not of record in a party’s involved application or patent, then a power of attorney for that counsel for the party’s involved application or patent must be filed with the notice required in paragraph (b) of this section.
- (b) Within 14 days of the initiation of each contested case, each party must file a separate notice identifying its counsel, if any, and providing contact information for each counsel identified or, if the party has no counsel, then for the party. Contact information must, at a minimum, include:
- (1) A mailing address;
- (2) An address for courier delivery when the mailing address is not available for such delivery (for example, when the mailing address is a Post Office box);
- (3) A telephone number;
- (4) A facsimile number; and
- (5) An electronic mail address.
- (c) A party must promptly notify the Board of any change in the contact information required in paragraph (b) of this section.
[Added, 69 FR 49959, Aug. 12, 2004, effective Sept. 13, 2004]