§2.54 Requirements for drawings submitted on paper.
The drawing must meet the requirements of § 2.52. In addition, in a paper submission, the drawing should:
- (a) Be on non-shiny white paper that is separate from the application;
- (b) Be on paper that is 8 to 8.5 inches (20.3 to 21.6 cm.) wide and 11 to 11.69 inches (27.9 to 29.7 cm.) long. One of the shorter sides of the sheet should be regarded as its top edge. The image must be no larger than 3.15 inches (8 cm) high by 3.15 inches (8 cm) wide;
- (c) Include the caption "DRAWING PAGE" at the top of the drawing beginning one inch (2.5 cm.) from the top edge; and
- (d) Depict the mark in black ink, or in color if color is claimed as a feature of the mark.
- (e) Drawings must be typed or made with a pen or by a process that will provide high definition when copied. A photolithographic, printer’s proof copy, or other high quality reproduction of the mark may be used. All lines must be clean, sharp and solid, and must not be fine or crowded.
[Added 68 FR 55748, Sept. 26, 2003, effective Nov. 2, 2003]