1.67 (pre-AIA) Supplemental oath or declaration.
[Editor Note: Not applicable to patent applications filed under 35 U.S.C. 111(a) or 363 on or after September 16, 2012*]
may require, or inventors and applicants may submit, a
supplemental oath or declaration meeting the requirements of §
1.63 or §
correct any deficiencies or inaccuracies present in the earlier
filed oath or declaration.
- (1) Deficiencies or inaccuracies relating to all the inventors or applicants (§§ 1.42, 1.43, or §1.47) may be corrected with a supplemental oath or declaration signed by all the inventors or applicants.
- (2) Deficiencies or inaccuracies relating to fewer than all of the inventor(s) or applicant(s) (§§ 1.42, 1.43 or § 1.47) may be corrected with a supplemental oath or declaration identifying the entire inventive entity but signed only by the inventor(s) or applicant(s) to whom the error or deficiency relates.
- (3) Deficiencies or inaccuracies due to the failure to meet the requirements of § 1.63(c) (e.g., to correct the omission of a mailing address of an inventor) in an oath or declaration may be corrected with an application data sheet in accordance with § 1.76.
- (4) Submission of a supplemental oath or declaration or an application data sheet (§ 1.76), as opposed to who must sign the supplemental oath or declaration or an application data sheet, is governed by § 1.33(a)(2) and paragraph (b) of this section.
- (b) A supplemental oath or declaration meeting the requirements of § 1.63 must be filed when a claim is presented for matter originally shown or described but not substantially embraced in the statement of invention or claims originally presented or when an oath or declaration submitted in accordance with § 1.53(f) after the filing of the specification and any required drawings specifically and improperly refers to an amendment which includes new matter. No new matter may be introduced into a nonprovisional application after its filing date even if a supplemental oath or declaration is filed. In proper situations, the oath or declaration here required may be made on information and belief by an applicant other than the inventor.
- (c) [Reserved]
[48 FR 2711, Jan. 20, 1983, effective Feb. 27, 1983; para. (c) added, 57 FR 2021, Jan. 17, 1992, effective Mar. 16, 1992; para. (b) revised, 60 FR 20195, Apr. 25, 1995, effective June 8, 1995; para. (b) revised, 62 FR 53131, Oct. 10, 1997, effective Dec. 1, 1997; para. (a) revised and para. (c) removed and reserved, 65 FR 54604, Sept. 8, 2000, effective Nov. 7, 2000]