1.1063 Notification of Refusal.
- (a) A notification of refusal shall contain or indicate:
- (1) The number of the international registration;
- (2) The grounds on which the refusal is based;
- (3) A copy of a reproduction of the earlier industrial design and information concerning the earlier industrial design, where the grounds of refusal refer to similarity with an industrial design that is the subject of an earlier application or registration;
- (4) Where the refusal does not relate to all the industrial designs that are the subject of the international registration, those to which it relates or does not relate; and
- (5) A time period for reply under §§ 1.134 and 1.136, where a reply to the notification of refusal is required.
- (b) Any reply to the notification of refusal must be filed directly with the Office and not through the International Bureau. The requirements of § 1.111 shall apply to a reply to a notification of refusal.
[Added, 80 FR 17918, Apr. 2, 2015, effective May 13, 2015]