1.997 Issuance and publication of inter partes reexamination certificate concludes inter partes reexamination proceeding.
- (a) To conclude an inter partes reexamination proceeding, the Director will issue and publish an inter partes reexamination certificate in accordance with 35 U.S.C.316 setting forth the results of the inter partes reexamination proceeding and the content of the patent following the inter partes reexamination proceeding.
- (b) A certificate will be issued and published in each patent in which an inter partes reexamination proceeding has been ordered under § 1.931. Any statutory disclaimer filed by the patent owner will be made part of the certificate.
- (c) The certificate will be sent to the patent owner at the address as provided for in § 1.33(c). A copy of the certificate will also be sent to the third party requester of the inter partes reexamination proceeding.
- (d) If a certificate has been issued and published which cancels all of the claims of the patent, no further Office proceedings will be conducted with that patent or any reissue applications or any reexamination requests relating thereto.
- (e) If the inter partes reexamination proceeding is terminated by the grant of a reissued patent as provided in § 1.991, the reissued patent will constitute the reexamination certificate required by this section and 35 U.S.C. 316.
- (f) A notice of the issuance of each certificate under this section will be published in the Official Gazette.
[Added, 65 FR 76756, Dec. 7, 2000, effective Feb. 5, 2001; para. (a) revised, 68 FR 14332, Mar. 25, 2003, effective May 1, 2003; heading and paras. (a), (b), and (d) revised, 72 FR 18892, Apr. 16, 2007, effective May 16, 2007]