1.833 Requirements for a "Sequence Listing XML" for nucleotide and/or amino acid sequences as part of a patent application filed on or after July 1, 2022.
- (a) The "Sequence Listing XML" as required by § 1.831(a) must be presented as a single file in XML 1.0 encoded using Unicode UTF–8, where the character set complies with paragraphs 40 and 41 and Annex IV of WIPO Standard ST.26 (incorporated by reference, see § 1.839 ).
- (b) The "Sequence Listing XML" presented in accordance with paragraph (a) of this section must further:
- (1) Be valid according to the Document Type Definition (DTD) as presented in WIPO Standard ST.26, Annex II.
- (2) Comply with the requirements of WIPO Standard ST.26 to include:
- (i) An XML declaration as defined in paragraph 39(a) of WIPO Standard ST.26;
- (ii) A document type (DOCTYPE) declaration as defined in paragraph 39(b) of WIPO Standard ST.26;
- (iii) A root element as defined in paragraph 43 of WIPO Standard ST.26;
- (iv) A general information part that complies with the requirements of paragraphs 45, 47, and 48, as applicable, of WIPO Standard ST.26; and
- (v) A sequence data part that complies with the requirements of paragraphs 50–55, 57, 58, 60–69, 71–78, 80–87, 89–98, and 100, as applicable, of WIPO Standard ST.26 representing the nucleotide and/or amino acid sequences according to § 1.832.
- (3) Include an INSDQualifier_value element with a value in English for any language-dependent free text qualifier as defined by paragraphs 76 and 85–87 of WIPO Standard ST.26, and as required by § 1.52(b)(1)(ii).
[Added 87 FR 30806, May, 20, 2022, effective July 1, 2022]