1.434 The request.
- (a) The request shall be made on a standardized form (PCT Rules 3 and 4 ). Copies of printed Request forms are available from the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Letters requesting printed forms should be marked “Mail Stop PCT.”
- (b) The Check List portion of the Request form should indicate each document accompanying the international application on filing.
- (c) All information, for example, addresses, names of States and dates, shall be indicated in the Request as required by PCT Rule 4 and Administrative Instructions 110 and 201.
For the purposes of the designation of the United
States of America, an international application shall include:
- (1) The name of the inventor; and
- (2) A reference to any prior-filed national application or international application designating the United States of America, if the benefit of the filing date for the prior-filed application is to be claimed.
- (e) An international application may also include in the Request a declaration of the inventors as provided for in PCT Rule 4.17(iv).
[Para. (a) amended, 58 FR 4335, Jan. 14, 1993, effective May 1, 1993; para. (d) revised, 66 FR 16004, Mar. 22, 2001, effective Mar. 1, 2001; para. (d)(2) revised, 66 FR 67087, Dec. 28, 2001, effective Dec. 28, 2001; paras. (a) & (d)(2) revised, 68 FR 14332, Mar. 25, 2003, effective May 1, 2003; para. (d) revised, para (e) added, 68 FR 58991, Oct. 20, 2003, effective Jan. 1, 2004]