1.401 Definitions of terms under the Patent Cooperation Treaty.
- (a) The abbreviation PCT and the term Treaty mean the Patent Cooperation Treaty.
- (b) International Bureau means the World Intellectual Property Organization located in Geneva, Switzerland.
- (c) Administrative Instructions means that body of instructions for operating under the Patent Cooperation Treaty referred to in PCT Rule 89.
- (d) Request, when capitalized, means that element of the international application described in PCT Rules 3 and 4.
- (e) International application, as used in this subchapter is defined in § 1.9(b).
- (f) Priority date for the purpose of computing time limits under the Patent Cooperation Treaty is defined in PCT Art. 2(xi). Note also § 1.465.
- (g) Demand, when capitalized, means that document filed with the International Preliminary Examining Authority which requests an international preliminary examination.
- (h) Annexes means amendments made to the claims, description or the drawings before the International Preliminary Examining Authority.
- (i) Other terms and expressions in this subpart C not defined in this section are to be taken in the sense indicated in PCT Art. 2 and 35 U.S.C. 351.
[43 FR 20466, May 11, 1978; 52 FR 20047, May 28, 1987]