35 U.S.C. 322 Petitions.
REQUIREMENTS OF PETITION.—A petition filed under
section 321 may be considered
- (1) the petition is accompanied by payment of the fee established by the Director under section 321;
- (2) the petition identifies all real parties in interest;
the petition identifies, in writing and
with particularity, each claim challenged, the grounds on which the
challenge to each claim is based, and the evidence that supports the
grounds for the challenge to each claim, including—
- (A) copies of patents and printed publications that the petitioner relies upon in support of the petition; and
- (B) affidavits or declarations of supporting evidence and opinions, if the petitioner relies on other factual evidence or on expert opinions;
- (4) the petition provides such other information as the Director may require by regulation; and
- (5) the petitioner provides copies of any of the documents required under paragraphs (2), (3), and (4) to the patent owner or, if applicable, the designated representative of the patent owner.
- (b) PUBLIC AVAILABILITY.—As soon as practicable after the receipt of a petition under section 321, the Director shall make the petition available to the public.
(Added Sept. 16, 2011, Public Law 112-29, sec. 6(d) (effective Sept. 16, 2012), 125 Stat. 284.)